Thank you for your interest in the 2018 Annual South Shore Brewoff organized by South Shore Brew Club, Mansfield, MA.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
If you are willing to judge or steward, please return to register on or after Monday, January 1, 2018 12:00 PM, EST.
- Anyone 21 years or older may enter.
- More than one entry may be made per sub-category, however they must be from different fermentations or of different ingredients. Identify the different entries on the entry form and bottle labels (for example, IPA#1, IPA#2, etc.).
- All entries will be judged on an individual basis - judging sheets will be emailed to all entrants and a list of winners will be posted on the Brewoff website. Any entrant who wants paper coies of their score sheets should include a self addressed, stamped envelope at time of application. Use 1 stamp for every 2 entries.
- Each entry shall consist of (3) three 10-22 oz. bottles, except entries in the mead and cider categories which only require (2) two bottles. Swing top bottles are permitted. Bottles may be brown or green glass, and should be free of any labels, etched logos, or any other identifying marks (Sam Adams bottles are acceptable). Competition labels must be attached with a rubber band, please NO TAPE OR GLUE. Bottle caps must be either plain or blacked out with a magic marker.
- All entries must be brewed at home. No commercial operation or equipment may be used, All entries become the property of the South Shore Brew Club.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to enter his or her beer in the proper category, as specified in the 2015 BJCP “Style Guidelines.” No entry will be reclassified. For additional details refer to the guidelines at the BJCP website: http://www.bjcp.org
- Entries in some categories/sub-categories need to specify special ingredients and/or classic style information on the entry form and bottle labels. See the 2015 BJCP guidelines for more info. Mead and cider entries also need to specify (on the entry form and bottle labels) whether the entry is still/sparkling and dry/semi-sweet/sweet.
- An entry fee of seven ($7) dollars shall be paid for each entry. Please make checks payable to: South Shore Brew Club or send via PayPal to: email@example.com
- Entry deadline is Saturday, March 24th, 2018 at noon. Judging date is Saturday, April 7th, 2018 starting at 9:00 am. Late entries will not be judged or returned.
- Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category, plus 1st place in the Best of Show round. Categories with few entries may be combined with other similar categories for judging purposes. Entries scoring less than 25 points (out of 50) may not be eligible for an award based on the discretion of the judges.
- A Brewmaster Award will be given to the entrant with the highest number of points. Points for the Brewmaster Award are earned as follows: 1st place = 3 points, 2nd place = 2 points, and 3rd place = 1 point (points are not awarded for the BOS round).
Any questions about the competition regulations, procedures, awards, etc., should be directed to the competition organizer:
Steve Gravel - firstname.lastname@example.org
or the judge coordinator:
Kevin Farrell - email@example.com
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Kevin Farrell — Judge Coordinator
- Steve Gravel — Competition Organizer
South Shore Brew Club is proud to have the following sponsors for the 2018 Annual South Shore Brewoff.